Important attributes: INT, DEX and PER
Suggested starting skills
Ambush to rank 2
Assassination to rank 1
Build Trap to rank 1
Poison Lore to rank 1
Streetwise to rank 1
Assassin or Rogue List
Weapon skill ro rank 1
Pick your maximum starting talents (1 for dual-classed, 3 for single-classed)
An assassin is a master of death. He makes his living by assassination. He is skilled at killing by lethal traps, deadly poisons and weapons.
The primary attributes of an Assassin are INT, DEX and PER
An assassin can choose one of the following specialization options
- Double Specialize in Blackjack, Blowgun, Dagger or Garrote
- Single Specialize in two weapons. Choose from Blackjack, Blowgun, Dagger and Garrote
- Single Specialize in Hand Crossbow or Short Sword
The bread-and-butter skill for assassins is Ambush skill in conjunction with one or more weapon skills. In addition to the normal benefits of Ambush skill, the assassin gains additional benefits as indicated below.
- Rank 4 – If a grievous hit is indicated, another roll is not made to see if a grievous actually occurs. A grievous wound always occurs when a grievous hit is indicated.
- Rank 8 – 2x damage (target skill gets PROT, if applicable)
- Rank 11 – Starting at rank 11, the assassin’s chance for a critical and grievous result increases to 3% for critical and 2% for grievous.
Assassins need to be very perceptive. A starting assassin should have a good PER and should continue to improve it as they advance in their profession. Additionally, racial max for PER improves when the following thresholds are met.
- 8 different skills from the Assassin and/or Rogue lists are rank 8 or higher, racial max improves by 1.
- 10 different skills from the Assassin and/or Rogue lists to rank 12 or higher, racial max improves by 2.
A human assassin starts with a racial max of 25. This improves to 26 when they meet the first threshold, and 27 when they meet the second threshold. They must still spend points to improve their PER. This ability simply gives them the justification to buy it higher than 25, something that is not normally allowed.
Skill List Multiples
General - x1 (if dual-classed then x1.25)
Holy Skills - x2.0
Warrior Skills - x1.25
Sorcery Skills - x1.5
Rogue Skills - x1.0
Talents - x1.0